The Fuel of the Future: Helium-3
This would revolutionize our access to the Solar system, making trips to distant destinations in the matter of weeks, rather than months or years, and allowing vehicles enough power to visit multiple distant destinations, rather than being limited to fly-bys.3For example, the 2015 NASA New Horizons mission to Pluto performed a close fly by of the celestial body, rather than entering Pluto orbit, because to order to slow down enough to be captured by Pluto’s small gravitational field would have required more fuel than was practical for the mission. This would, in a sense, “shrink” the Solar system from a vast kingdom which one spends years traversing, to a city, with its multiple planetary neighborhoods.
Man is a species of perpetual progress for which resources are unlimited, because the mind’s power for discovery is unlimited. Today, we must make the next leap upward, and begin to realize the meaning of the Moon.
Test your knowledge
(don't just google it!)
The weight of the Saturn V rocket, which took man to the Moon, averaged 6.5 million pounds at liftoff! How much of that was fuel?
Correct, 92% ! (That’s over 521,500 gallons!) The remaining 8% is the “dry” weight of the rocket itself, 6%, and the Command and Service Module (CSM), the only part that actually flew to the Moon at a mere 2%!
The unique presence of helium-3 on the Moon will provide for us an abundant and powerful source of fuel for energy on Earth, and will be the basis for exploration of and settlement on other heavenly bodies. Attaining this superior fusion fuel will be the keystone to any proposed program for economic development for any nation on Earth or for any advances in space.
As a fusion fuel, helium-3 has very unique characteristics which make it ideal for energy production, use in medicine, rocket propulsion, and much more.
With the rise of a new strategic alliance on the planet centered around the leadership of China and the BRICS nations, comes the potential for a scientifically valid conception of the creative nature of mankind to govern the planet—and beyond.