State Department Fought Against Obama's Effort to Dump the Blame for Benghazi on Hillary; Three Days Later, Hillary Took the Blame
October 15, 2012 • 6:40PM

Just as leading figures in the intelligence community have publicly denounced the Obama team for lying that they had provided the false intelligence on the terror attack in Banghazi, so also the State Department has now joined in the counterattack. As LPAC reported last week, senior (unnamed) State Department officials held a tele-conference with select major journalists on Tuesday, Oct. 9, the day before Rep. Darrell Issa's explosive House hearing, clearly to put the State Department on the side of the truth regarding the 9/11 attack before the hearing.

The tele-conference was by invitation only, and was not transcribed, as is the normal practice with such special briefings, and thus the full Q&A was never published. However, as it became clear over the following days that Obama and his henchmen intended to continue blaming Hillary and the State Department, State took the unusual move of releasing the transcript of the Tuesday tele-conference.

One exchange in that conference call has now placed another bomb under Obama's sorry ass:

AP's BRAD KLAPPER: "What in all of these events that you've described led officials to believe for the first several days that this was prompted by protests against the video?"

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: That is a question that you would have to ask others. That was not our conclusion. I'm not saying that we had a conclusion, but we outlined what happened. The Ambassador walked guests out around 8:30 or so, there was no one on the street at approximately 9:40, then there was the noise and then we saw on the cameras the — a large number of armed men assaulting the compound."

Since they clearly "outlined what happened" to the President, it is back in his court (as he likes to say) to account for his lies and complicity in murder.

Three days later, however, on Monday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the buck stops with her when it comes to who is to blame for security ahead of the attack.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott Oct. 15, soon after arriving in Lima, Peru, for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, was the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions. "Developing,..." as they say.